FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative Announces 2017 Board of Directors and Advisors
Diversity is abound with female leadership from a range of different professional and ethnic backgrounds
SAN FRANCISCO — July 12, 2017 — Today, the WGLI (Women’s Global Leadership Initiative) announced the new 2017 Board of Directors and Advisors. The board of directors and advisors support the WGLI in providing women-centered organizations with leadership development programs and tools to engage and educate women in their communities.
This monumental vision is in full force because of the dedication provided by the board of directors and advisors. Leading by example and creating a platform for WGLI volunteers and members to explore new and innovative ways of making their communities advance.
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative is forging a new path for women. The WGLI creates sustainable communities of women dedicated to addressing women’s economic development, gender and pay inequities. WGLI members are committed to transforming the landscape to one that provides women with access to education, support, and professional networks for career advancement.
WGLI President and Founder, Diana Ruiz weighed in on the announcement, “We are thrilled to bring on a high a caliber of diverse leadership to the WGLI board. Each board member and advisor has been chosen with purpose and for the specific contributions they bring to their respective communities.”
Below is a full list of the 2017 board of directors and advisors.
WGLI Board of Directors
- Lori Cornmesser is a results oriented passionate executive with 18 years of experience in Channel Sales, Business Development and Marketing.
- Janet Miller Evans is a Principal Consultant and Transition Coach recognized for hiring and coaching successful teams, building excellent client relationships and effective negotiation skills.
- Anneka Gupta oversees the execution and strategy of LiveRamp’s roadmap. Her background includes extensive experience across a variety of disciplines, including marketing, recruiting, product management and software development.
- Goretti Heinz is a dynamic, entrepreneurial sales, recruiting and operations professional with a 15+ year record of achievement. She is the founder and CEO of Zemployee, Inc., a San Francisco Bay Area data-driven recruiting software that brings clarity to hiring.
- Karen Mathre has worked in leadership development and business management for more than 20 years.
- Barbara Mark, Ph.D. is an elite executive coach, leadership development consultant, consulting psychologist and confidant to senior executive women who find it can be lonely at the top.
- Marilyn Nagel is the former Chief Diversity Officer at Cisco and CEO of Watermark, leading strategic initiatives designed to help exceptional women in the Bay Area enhance their personal and professional impact.
- Carin Taylor is a highly successful Senior Leader in Diversity and Inclusion at Genentech who offers extensive expertise in strategy, high-impact program development and cross-functional team leadership.
- Nikki Warren is the founder of Kaia FIT, a women’s focused program that currently has 55+ locations, in six different states. She brings the same motivation and expertise to her public appearances, giving attendees the tools to live a centered, healthy life Warren has expanded from coaching high-level athletes into leadership training.
- Laura Ziringer has built her career by cultivating authentic professional relationships while creating innovative solutions that truly support her client’s mission and best meet their individualized needs.
- Mica Zuniga works in a highly technical and niche industrial market segments focusing on ensuring that QAdvantage is aligned with its customers’ needs. She has held leadership positions spanning several functional roles, including sales, marketing, product management and project management.
WGLI Global Advisory Board
- Laura Chiyono Rosenthal – is an attorney practicing in workers’ compensation and employment discrimination. She has more than 20 years of experience working in a variety of legal positions in Colorado and Sonoma County.
- Patricia Green, Advisor — is the Founder and Chief Strategist of the Patricia Green Group, a public relations firm grounded in connectivity, particularly relevant to women and global leadership.
- Charlene Laidley, Advisor — is the Founder of The Future Proof Foundation – a non-profit that empowers young women in the UK to become future business leaders, a Founding Member of The Women’s Charter for Business and an appointed UN Women Ambassador and Global Champion for Women’s Economic Empowerment.
- Karima Mariama, Global Advisory Board President — is an internationally recognized expert in cutting edge adult education and complex consulting. Her work is regularly featured by the Human Capital Institute, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Success, Black Enterprise and Speaker magazines.
- Amal Daraghmeh Masri, Advisor — is the Chief Executive Officer of Ougarit Group and Chief Executive Officer and Editor-in-Chief of the Middle East Business Magazine and News, located in Ramallah, Palestine. Amal works for the advancement of women globally, appearing regularly on television, radio and at live events internationally.
- Ayla Schlosser, Advisor — is the Co-founder & CEO of Resonate, an organization that uses storytelling to empower women and girls to build self-confidence and unlock leadership potential.
- Dr. Pamela Sitienei, Advisor — is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the African Energy Association and Executive Director of Edsol Group LLC (Owner Edsol Kenya Limited).
For additional information on the WGLI Board of Directors or Advisors, please visit www.wgli.org.
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative (WGLI) inspires and trains women around the globe to become successful leaders in their communities, workplace and associations. We work with partners both locally and internationally to expand our reach and implement programs to change women’s lives. Workshops, tools, knowledge from experts and mentoring women one-on-one help them gain the confidence and skills to lead in various capacities. WGLI believes these voices matter—and that they’re shaping the future generations of women. For more information about how to support and sponsor WGLI, visit www.wgli.org.